lvm over raid confusion

Jack Tanner ihok at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 27 13:34:47 UTC 2006

Paul Howarth <paul <at> city-fan.org> writes:

> Yes, that's probably the problem here. When the initial install was
> done, there were no RAID devices and so the drivers weren't included in
> the initrd.
>
> # mkinitrd -v -f /boot/initrd-2.6.15-1.2054_FC5.img 2.6.15-1.2054_FC5

Sounds like a nice diagnosis. But in order to run mkinitrd, I need access to
/etc/modules.conf and /lib/modules/2.6.15-1.2054_FC5 (and probably lots of other
stuff), which I don't have, because I can't boot the damn thing! <Sigh of
frustration.> I do have 'net access from the rescue CD. Could someone with an
FC5 box generate an initrd with raid and lvm modules and let me download it from
somewhere?

Thanks for your help, guys.