Re: Deleting a directory

Ali Helmy wrote:

Hey mates,

I created a directory under root account in /usr/directory, but now i want to delete it... if i try deleting it through the command line, it wont allow me, because directory is not empty, and with gaim's file browser, i cant delete it because i dont have root priv...

so is there some way i can delete a dir from the command line even though it is not empty? or is there some way to give the gaim file browser root privelages?

--
A. Helmy

rm -rf <directoryname>

-r : recurse