FC5 - Upgrading failure if dual boot

I tried to upgrade one of my servers from FC4 to FC5, that is a dual
boot machine with Windows 2000.
I had a set of CD that passed mediacheck on two other machines so I
decided not to carry out a mediacheck on this server.At CD nr.4
upgrade stopped and machine was rebooted.
In the meantime I burnt a new CD that passed mediacheck, so I
re-started upgrading.
But when I re-booted the machine the Fedora entry was missing from my
Grub menu and only Windows 2000 was available!!! I re-started the
installing procedure (it was very fast) and I told to anaconda to
modify grup but again I found only Windows2000 entry.
I managed to mount the system with rescue disk, but how I read and
modify the grub.conf when I am in the shell???

What is happening???

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag