Re: FC4 to FC5 imapd AUTH problems

Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-03-25 at 23:20, Ryan Nelson wrote:
>
>>> I can't understand why you would use uw-imapd at this stage though.
>>>

>> I use it because thats what I've used for a few years now.  I'm open to
>> other options?
>
> Dovecot should work as a replacement.

I'm now using Dovecot and noticed faster performance.  The main things
for me to switch were changing this in the config:

default_mail_env = mbox:%h/EMAIL:INBOX=/var/mail/%u

Which uses ~<user>/EMAIL as the dir for their mail boxes and
/var/mail/<user> as their Inbox.

Also the .mailboxlist has to be changed to .subscriptions under the
EMAIL dir.

Thanks for the info!
Ryan