Evolution: Why are images not displayed?

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Mon Mar 27 17:33:31 UTC 2006

Dan Thurman wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I guess it did not occur to me until now since I am starting
> to use Evolution's Email system... is that when I receive unsolicited
> email that are html formed, I noticed that *all* of the images are shown
> with the "X" images instead of the picture they are supposed to be.
>
> Is that normal?

Yes. This is a feature, not a bug. Remote images in emails are often web
bugs and so are turned off by default. To view images in a specific
email, select "Load Images" from the "View" menu (or press Ctrl-i). To
load images by default, set the approriate option under "HTML Mail" in
Mail Preferences.

Paul.