Evolution: Why are images not displayed?

Dan Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Mon Mar 27 14:55:51 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 12:47 -0500, Todd Zullinger wrote:

> Dan Thurman wrote:
> > I guess it did not occur to me until now since I am starting to use
> > Evolution's Email system... is that when I receive unsolicited email
> > that are html formed, I noticed that *all* of the images are shown
> > with the "X" images instead of the picture they are supposed to be.

[snip]

Thanks to all who responded.  I guess I am better informed as to why
the default is to disable the images by feature.  It is a security
feature to protect us from those who can cull your email address.

Sigh...  too bad.  I just did not imagine IMAGES can be used to
circumvent security.

Again, thanks!
Dan