Firefox & T'bird scrollbars w/ KDE

Ian Pilcher i.pilcher at comcast.net
Mon Mar 27 18:04:54 UTC 2006

Ian Pilcher wrote:
> Using KDE on Fedora Core 5, the scrollbars in both Firefox and Thunder-
> bird are a light blue color which doesn't match my color-scheme at all.
>
> I have tried logging on to Gnome and changing the theme; that changes
> the scrollbar color when I'm using Gnome, but it reverts to the light
> blue when I go back to KDE.

A workaround -- ensure that gnome-settings-daemon is running by:

    ln -s /usr/libexec/gnome-settings-daemon .kde/Autostart/

Now you can use gnome-theme-manager to control the appearance of Gtk
apps, including scrollbars.

This is only a workaround.  Gtk applications should honor the KDE color
scheme when running under KDE.

Ian Pilcher                                        i.pilcher at comcast.net