Re: A question about NetworkManager

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006, Timothy Murphy wrote:

Matthew Saltzman wrote:

All I did to get the NetworkManager applet--more of a notification icon
than an applet--(/usr/bin/nm-applet) was to "/sbin/service NetworkManager
start".  If that doesn't work, you can then start nm-applet from the
command line.  Once nm-applet has been started once, it should be
preserved across logins, as long as NetworkManager is running.

Are you running KDE or Gnome?

GNOME. I've seen posts describing mixed success with KDE. The network-manager gnome org list has a discussion about development of a KDE applet that is under way.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu