Re: Destination host unreachable

<support ross navy mil>:
>> Ping your network card.  Not the Loop address, but the
>> network address.  If you can ping the network address

Colin Paul Adams:
> I can.

Pinging the address used by a NIC won't necessarily do anything at the
hardware.  The TCP/IP stack may still handle that internally.

e.g. This PC's network card uses 192.168.1.4, if I ping that address,
nothing happens at the card, yet I get ping responses.

I read messages from the public lists.