Re: FC5 RAID 1 - booting off either drive

On 3/27/06, Laurence Vanek <lvanek charter net> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a way to check for the presence of grub on each
> drive (obviously its on hda since it boots presently) to see if this
> needs to be done for FC5 also without powering down each drive in turn &
> attempting to boot?

This is all I could come up with.  I'm sure there has to be another way.  heh

[root circe ~]# dd if=/dev/hda bs=384 count=1 | strings
1+0 records in
1+0 records out
8,|     u
ZRrI
D|f1
GRUB
[root circe ~]#

--
Chris

"I trust the Democrats to take away my money, which I can afford.  I
trust the Republicans to take away my freedom, which I cannot."