Re: fc5: install everything?

On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 12:27:56PM +1030, Tim wrote:

> Discussed to death here over the last few weeks.  But in summary,
> "everything" never really installed "everything", and if you actually

The point it took to click one checkbox to install a shitload of packages.
User attention is a scarce resource.

Hard drive space and bandwidth is effectively free. Time is not.

> did "install" *everything* you'd have conflicts up to your earholes, not

Is "conflicts up to your earlobes" supposed to be a feature?
Why can't conflicts be autoresolved? Why are there conflicts in the
first place?

> to mention masses of updates to manage.

If I asked for it, and bandwidth is no issue, I don't see why this
is a problem.

Please stop rationalizing deficits being features. They're not.