NM Alternative: Software Bridge?

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Tue Mar 28 01:18:21 UTC 2006

At the risk of emulating MS, I have been toying with this using a
vanilla kernel. Essentially, this combines the two devices
(wifi and ethernet) together into a single bridged connection.

There is still a bit of latency to fiddle with but, logically, this
seems to make more sense than NM. Presumably, this has a much smaller
footprint. I re-compiled Knemo on an older system and the bridged
device can be displayed just like any other connection.

There's no switch-over involved; The bridge uses whatever is
available - ethernet, wifi or both.

Any thoughts?

--
Our DNSRBL -