FC5 Laptop Install

I have been using FC since 1 and have loaded it on may desktops abnd servers with good results.  This is my first laptop install but it won't install:  I have a:

Compaq Armada 7800, PII 400Mhz, 256M Ram

The system boots to the CDROM ok, but when I try to install, it delivers many messages that fly off the screen to fast to read.  It stops on

...waiting 115 seconds...

counts down to zero, then goes no further.

Any ideas on how to get it to load?

Thanks...

--- Begin Message ---