Re: VI editor in Gnome Terminal leaves text remnants on scroll

Around about 28/03/06 11:09, Khoa Ton typed ...
Seems that vim does something with respect to screen redraw that
doesn't work properly with Gnome Terminal 2.14.0, and that
this is masked by the :set ruler feature.  Drawing the ruler
eliminates this remnants on scrolling problem.

I'm unable to reproduce this with vim 6.4 and my older gnome-terminal, and I don't have an FC5 box yet. It therefore sounds like a gnome-terminal bug, esp. since gnome's been doing loads of font rendering optimisations [not that these may be relevant]. Esp. as it's OK in an xterm of the same size [assumption].

  I recommend raising a report in redhat's bugzilla.

--
[neil fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil fnx ~]# ls -l .signature