FC5 - Upgrading failures (it was upgrade failure if dual boot)

Antonio Montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Tue Mar 28 11:31:31 UTC 2006

Paul Howarth wrote / ha scritto on /il 28/03/2006 11:45:
> antonio montagnani wrote:

>>> Boot the rescue CD, "chroot /mnt/sysimage", "vi /etc/grub.conf"
>>>
>>> Paul.
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> i succeeded to start FC5 by Grub hand instructions, but when I log in
>> I get the following message (sorry for the bad translation):
>>
>> Session lasted less than 10 seconds.If logout was not explicitely
>> requested, maybe that some problems occurred during installation or
>> disk full.Try to use an emergency session to try to recover the
>> problem.
>>
>> /.xsession-errors
>>
>> /etc/gdm/PreSession/Default: Registering your sessionwith wtmp and utmp
>> /etc/gdm/PreSession/Default: running /usr/bin/sessreg -a -w
>> /var/run/utmp -x "/var/gdm/:0.Xservers" -h ""-l ":0" "antonio"
>> /usr/bin/ssh-agent: error while loading shared libraries:
>> libcrypto.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
>> directory
>>
>> What shall I do?? Re-install might be the fastest option....
>>
>> Any comment welcome
>
> That error message seems to suggest that you still have the FC4
> openssh-clients package, as FC5's version of /usr/bin/ssh-agent is
> linked against libcrypto.so.6.
>
> I'd try booting to runlevel 3 and doing a "yum update"
>
> Paul.

I have by yum update  and I receive a lot of message during installation:

/usr/share/gnome/help/gedit/sv/gedit/sv/gedit.xml parser error etc. etc,

What does it mean??

--
 Antonio

Skype: antoniomontag
Mail by Thunderbird 1.5 - Websurfing by Firefox 1.5
Linux Fedora Core 5 on Maxdata Eco 3200
Linux user number 362582
http://www.linuxsaronno.net
http://www.montagnani.org