Re: system startup + cryptsetup

That modification should solve the problem by explicitly assigning the
response to $answer. It will then be properly read in the 'case' statement.

That was it. Thanks a lot once again.

BTW, out of curiosity, did you modify /etc/fstab?  Just wondering about
confirming new behavior, if any, in FC5, besides the LUKS changes to
gnome-mount, etc.

Yes, I did make the modifications you suggested.

Another question. Is it necessary to explicitly unmount and close the encrypted partition at shutdown? I am thinking of sort of a "reversed luksopen'. Or will the system take care of it all?

Gabor Walter