How to setup the refresh?

People,

I have an LCD monitor which needs to work @ 60 Hz (vertical). If the
refresh is set higher than this, the image blinks all the time.
I have set vertical refresh in /etc/X11/xorg.conf to 60 Hz maximum,
but the X server insists in setting it to 75 Hz.
Besides that, when I use one of the consoles (F1 - F6), the refresh is
set to 70 Hz.
How do I setup FC5 to use a vertical refresh of 60 Hz, both in text
mode and in X? The monitor is unusable with higher refresh rates.

Thanks,

Marcelo