Re: FC5 nforce4 sata initrd problems [for geeks??]

Wieslaw Kierbedz wrote:

Danny Ciarniello napisaƂ(a):
Wieslaw Kierbedz wrote:
/dev/sda3 / reiserfs defaults 1 1
I had similar problems using reiserfs.  Ultimately, the problem was
with the "mount by label" system.  Check your fstab.  You will
probably have and entry like LABEL=/ rather than /dev/sda3.  I assume
(I use grub, not lilo, so I don't know for sure) that there is a
similar entry in the lilo config.  Use the dvd rescue to change them
both from LABEL=/ to /dev/sda3 and reboot.  That should fix the problem.
That is first line in my fstab :(.

Interesting.  Maybe it's due to using lilo rather than grub?

Is your /boot on reiser as well? Since reiser is not compiled into the fedora kernel but is loaded as a module, /boot cannot be on a reiser partition. If this isn't your configuration, then you should create a small (100MB is more than enough) partition formatted as ext3 for the boot partition. Everything else can be reiser.
Dan.