Oh....rats.... screensaver activates itself even when you are using the system actively!

alan alan at clueserver.org
Tue Mar 28 20:48:10 UTC 2006

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006, Dan Thurman wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Odd.  Screen-saver kicks in automatically after the preset time
> even when I am tying away and moving the mouse around...  grr...
> Don't bang the keys - you will just break 'em. It's the damn
> software me thinks! :-)

The only time I have seen that is if you are having clock problems and ntp
is running.  So if the clock gets changed to something longer than the
delay period, the screen saver turns on.  VMWare has this problem, as well
as some broken motherboards.

--
"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over." - Frank Zappa