[Fwd: Re: Oh....rats.... screensaver activates itself even when you are using the system actively!]

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Mar 28 20:56:56 UTC 2006

Dan Thurman wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 11:03 -0800, Stephen Mirowski wrote:
>> I meant run level 5 =O
>
> Running what as run level 5?  I looked at /etc/init.d but
> could not figure out which service runs screensaver.
>
> Thanks!
> Dan

gnome-screensaver should be located under the System > Preferences >
Screensaver menu selection. I believe you can select to disable the
screensaver, stop it from locking the desktop and the like from there.

If you upgraded the system instead of a new install, xscreensaver-demo
or the same location that I referenced above for the menu choice should
be how to setup your screensavers.
I still use xscreensaver-base and am not familiar with gnome-screensaver
except for general setup  and removal.

Jim