fedora.us doesn't work

Kostas Sfakiotakis kostassf at cha.forthnet.gr
Tue Mar 28 21:48:38 UTC 2006

Greetings Anne ,

Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 March 2006 06:51, Paul Howarth wrote:

< snip >

> I have FC4 on an AMD-700 laptop running kde.  With 128MB ram it was just about
> usable if you stuck to one task at a time.  Double the ram, and it's fine
> now.  I wouldn't push it too much, but I wouldn't mind having to use it for
> straightforward work.  Even with 128MB ram I could play a DVD on it.

Only one sidenote on your last comment about playing DVDs . DVD playing
involves
not only the CPU and the main memory of the system but also the GPU (
for example
nVidia MX 440 )  and the memory of the graphics card . So a good video
adapter
with say 128 MB RAM can pretty easily scramble the presence of  an old
CPU with
just about enough memory .  For example my system now reports 650600 KB RAM
as used and all i have running is KDE , Mozilla , Firestarter and my
internet connection
on a Fedora Core 1 machine .

> Anne

Kostas