Re: Oh....rats.... screensaver activates itself

Around about 28/03/06 22:14, Tom Killian typed ...
Does anyone know a way of doing this through a script?  It would be
nice if mplayer, for example, could disable and then restore the
screen saver.

If you use xscreensaver (not the gnome one) you can do 'xscreensaver-command -throttle'. I have this as a button on my panel for when I know I want to do stuff that wants the CPU.

--
[neil fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil fnx ~]# ls -l .signature