Re: why doesn't yum stay on the continent

Tim wrote:
On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 18:02 +0100, James Wilkinson wrote:

The most prosaic one is that it isn't trivial for yum to work out
which continent a user is on.

Surely it is.  Just read the information stating what timezone the
computer is located in.

It wouldn't work for me as I am on one side of Canada but I connect to the Internet on the other side.

There are times that I can get a quicker download from overseas than in North America.

--
Robin Laing