Re: (FC5) ATI+x86_64+low-resolution=maddening

Is it at all possible to use some other driver to at least have a resolution of 1024x768 or higher? I tried substituting vesa for radeon, but that just gives me a black screen (that is: the horiz. or vert. freq is out of bounds so the display does not accept the signal).

Unusual.

In stead of " driver radeon" I inserted " driver vesa" in the xorg.conf.

Does anyone know what else I should change to get a higher resolution?
Or maybe use a different driver?

Set up your *monitor* in xorg.conf or

system-config-display

to be a monitor that allows higher resolutions.

-Andy