FC5 Anaconda fails to start GUI

Geoffrey Leach geoff at direcway.com
Wed Mar 29 16:07:46 UTC 2006

After loading the correct drivers and starting Anaconda, the process
stalls. In the case of the X-based process, I have the X cursor, which
moves with the mouse. On a text install, just a blue screen.

The DVD has passed mediacheck. The system config (which runs FC4)
includes a dual-Opteron 240 AccelerTech 2082 MB, lots of mem, dual SATA
disks with a Promise controller and no RAID enabled. All non-essential
devices have been disconnected.

Any suggestions before I submit this to Bugzilla?