kmod-ntfs modules from livna updating, not installing..

After updating the kernel, I am forced now to use the previous kernel again for a while, and I noticed that the NTFS driver didn't load...that's because kmod-ntfs for the new kernel _updated_ rather than installed alongside its fellow kernel's module. Since the kernel version is no longer part of the name (I guess in accordance with extras?), yum considers them the same package, and so deletes the old one. I'd like to keep all my kernel modules (for ntfs, nvidia, ati, madwifi, ndiswrapper, etc) for old kernels around, because some of them provide very useful functionality, and as in this case, I may not be able to use the new kernel for a while.
-Dan