Re: Totem playing .avi's?

I use Xine to play all of my files, rarely will one refuse to play.

If you are interested, get the essential codecs package from this website:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/dload.html

Then, dumb the files into /usr/lib/codecs.

Tell Xine to look into that directory for the codecs. You'll have to
tell it you are an uber super geek though.

Works for me, maybe it will work for you too.