Help needed - RAID recovery from Power-fail

Joost Waversveld joost at waversveld.nl
Wed Mar 29 21:03:44 UTC 2006

>> Naturally I don't have a full backup, so somehow I need to recover if at
>> all possible.
>
> Should be possible with a third disk.

I hope so, but the TS mentioned he could not access the RAID ARRAY.
This would mean that only one disk is functioning at the moment, or
even none. Then it will not be possible to recover some data
unfortunately.

Nigel, can you post the output of "cat /proc/mdstat", that will show
the config and status of the RAID-ARRAY's present in the system.

It looks like that one harddisk has some hardware failure. It is also
possible that there are just some 'software' failures. Try to check the
harddisk with fsck to check for software failure. Maybe you have succes
and you can restore the RAID array.