fatal error in new kernel's dmraid initialization!

Dan grinnz at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 21:43:49 UTC 2006

With the new kernel (2.6.16-1.2080_FC5) on my NVRAID0 array, it now
fails to boot; grub still loads it correctly, but it reaches the point
Red Hat nash version 5.0.32 starting, and outputs:
device-mapper: dm-stripe: Target length not divisible by chunk size
device-mapper: reload ioctl failed: Invalid argument
Then it can't find the array, so it all goes to hell (kernel panic).
It is the new kernel, as booting the old 2.6.15-1.2054_FC5 kernel works
flawlessly. I really was looking forward to having a competent video
driver though (stuck with vesa cause nv doesn't like my card)...
-Dan