rpm db destroyed? removing old FC4 kernels

hi,

today i noticed, that there are old FC4 kernels on my FC5 system (rpm -qa | grep kernel). but if i do an rpm -e kernel-devel-2.6.14-1.1656_FC4 my FC5 box doesnt to very much. if i take a look to /boot or /lib/modules to old kernels are not available. is my rpmdb destroyed? how can i repair this.

i have updated my fedora system from FC4 to FC5 via cd.

regards,
patrick