ATI fglrx driver ??

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Thu Mar 30 02:38:25 UTC 2006

On Mon March 27 2006 2:43 am, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> > yum --enablerepo=livna-testing --enablerepo=updates-testing install
> > xorg-x11-drv-fglrx
>
> Yes.
>
> > after install configure /etx/X11/xorg.conf and add Driver "fglrx" to
> > load Ati Drivers!
>
> Nope. This should not be needed anymore with the latest driver version
> (there was a bug in the older version that a lot of machines hit). The
> driver is activated during install.
>
> BTW, the correct way to enable the ati drivers from livna is to run
>
> /usr/sbin/ati-fglrx-config-display enable

Thorsten: I installed the new kernel in my FC5 box this evening, and then ran
the command at the top of this post. Either the ATI driver is different in
FC5, or, I didn't succeed in getting it running -
In FC4, the driver would be loaded in the boot sequence and you would see the
probe for the module - this I'm not seeing. Once up, the installed ATI
configuration utility refuses to run - I get the bouncing cursor for a few
moments, and then nothing. I ran  /usr/sbin/ati-fglrx-config-display enable
to see if that would change anything - it said it had succeeded and suggested
a reboot or an X restart - I rebooted, but the behavior was the same. How do
I tell if it's running?
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA