For users with IPW2200

Andreas Wahlert andreas.wahlert at gmx.de
Thu Mar 30 14:06:52 UTC 2006

Anne Wilson wrote:

>On Thursday 30 March 2006 13:11, Roger Grosswiler wrote:
>

>>>While googling for useful info I came across this page, concerning
>>>IPW2200 with FC5.  I didn't see anything about WPA, but it does cover
>>>quite a lot of
>>>ground, I think.
>>>
>>>http://www.ces.clemson.edu/linux/nm.shtml
>>>
>>>I'm not ready yet to put FC5 onto my laptop with IPW2200, but if anyone
>>>uses
>>>this page perhaps they could fee back how helpful it is?
>>>
>>>Anne
>>>--
>>>

>>Anne,
>>
>>This goes around NetworkMananger - which supports in its version on FC5
>>WPA quite well (i use it with PSK at home)
>>

>Thanks, Roger.  The laptop I have is currently running Mandriva 2006, which
>has had IPW220 since it came out, but I could never get WPA working on it.  I
>must admit I haven't tried recently, though.  I'm looking forward to being
>able to install FC5 on it.
>
>Anne

Hi,

i use Fujitsu Siemens Lifebooks (1320 with onboard IPW2200)  with FC4
and WPA(TKIP) connecting to linksys and/or lancom access points.
It works perfect! Better than M$!

I'm a little bit scary about the migration to FC5. FC4 is a very very
stable distro :-) . Perhaps i will try it in a few weeks.

regards

andreas