Re: 5. Fedora Core 4 TFTP - Permission denied (Jay Isaacs)

Jay,
tftp is not capable of creating new files. In order to put a file on a server you need to create an empty file first:
touch newfile.txt

Then you can put a real file with that name.

Hope that helps,

Leon

This should be a relatively simple task buy I just can’t get it working. TFTP get from the server work fine but a put just results in a permission denied. Any thought on this issue. Here are my current configuration items.

drwxrwxrwx 2 nobody nobody 4096 Mar 30 09:20 tftpboot

[root watcher /]# ll -r tftpboot/

total 8

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Mar 30 08:41 ls.txt

-rwxrwxrwx 1 nobody root 0 Mar 30 08:41 foo.txt

[root watcher /]#

[root watcher xinetd.d]# cat tftp

service tftp

{