Re: USB hard drive

From: Tim <ignored_mailbox yahoo com au>
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list redhat com>
Subject: Re: USB hard drive
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 04:30:52 +1030

On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 03:13 +0000, Jim Douglas wrote:
> I look in /dev and see sda, sdb, sdc, sdd
>
> I did,
>
> mkdir usbhd in /media
>
> then,
>
> mount -t ext3 /dev/sda /media/usbhd
>
> is says,
> mount:No medium found

The "disk" is /dev/sda, /dev/sdb, etc.  It's most likely that you're
going to mount a partition on the disk.  Try something like:

mount -t ext3 /dev/sda1 /media/usbhd

(Notice the number after sda.)

I read messages from the public lists.

I tried,
mount  -t ext3 /dev/sda1 /media/usbhd

And I get,
mount: special device /dev/sda1 does not exist

I  looks like,
mount  -t ext3 /dev/sda1 /media/usbhd

...is finding the device, but doesn't recognizing the media but I don't know why and don't know how to get it to.

Thanks,
Jim