Re: problem with ulimit

Hugh,

Login as root and add the following lines to "/etc/security/limits.conf":

<username>    soft    core    unlimited
<username>    hard    core    unlimited

Then log in as <username> and use "ulimit -Sc" and "ulimit -Hc" to verify that both the soft and hard limits have been set to unlimited.

I hope that works for you,

Matthew Roth
InterMedia Marketing Solutions
Software Engineer and Systems Developer

Hugh Caley wrote:

I'm definitely NOT running ulimit as root; that kind of the point ;) As root, I can set it, but I need to be able to allow a user on the machine to dump core.

Hugh