ekiga SIP identifies ekiga.net as host when not registered there

Michael Shurtleff mshurtleff at tkctele.com
Thu Mar 30 20:58:52 UTC 2006

I am running ekiga on my workstation on a local network, and registered
with asterisk on a PC which talks to both the local network and the
internet. I don't have ekiga.net anywhere in my own configuration.
However I am using the prefix 00 to identify calls going out to the
worldwide PSTN.

These calls seem to be tagged with ekiga.net as the SIP server, even
though it is not. The result if I do not specifically specify
@192.168.0.1 (asterisk from the LAN side) when I dial a 00 number
without the server being specified, the number will ring and gets
answered, and the remote party can hear me, but I can't hear them.

When I look at the call record, I see that call address is
001xxxxxxxxxx at ekiga.net, even though ekiga is registered to my asterisk
and not to ekiga.net, and the SIP proxy is specified as the asterisk
address.

If on the other hand I specify the asterisk server in the calle, as in
001xxxxxxxxxx at 192.168.0.1, the call works fine.

My question is where does ekiga get the server default ekiga.net from,
and is there a way of getting it to behave more normally?

I am using ekiga 2.0.1, with FC5.

Thanks in advance for your help.
--
Michael Shurtleff