broadcom wireless

I'm trying to get the built-in wireless working on a new Compag
v5000z.  lspci claims the following:

    06:02.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation Dell Wireless 1470 DualBand WLAN (rev 02)
            Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Unknown device 1358
            Memory at c0204000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8K]

I'd first assumed it was a BCM43xx card and followed the instructions
on bcm43xx-fwcutter to get the card going.  I never see an eth1 (or
other new network device) show up under "ifconfig -a".

Short of ripping the laptop apart and putting the wireless chips under
a magnifying glass, how do I find out what chip this really is?  (Or
is "1470" the chip number?  I had assumed it was a the mini-pci card's
model number.)

-wolfgang