GTK1 (i think) and Java

Hi! I recently moved from a SuSE 10 installation to a Fedora 5 installation. I also started using gnome instead of kde. In SuSE 10, I had a sun java 1.5.0_04 installed, which was my java library. I use the same installation (same downloaded tar file), but java apps (the java control panel, limewire, etc.) have an awful gtk1.x look and are very buggy. In SuSE, It was a blue-ish look, and didn't cause any problems. How can I get this back?
-Steven