Re: Fedora Server Crashing

Ki Song wrote:
My Fedora Core 4 Linux Box (primarily used for a mail server: postfix) is
crashing 3-4 times a day!

I looked at the messages log and I see the following unexplainable record in
the log file:

crond(pam_unix)[22601]: session closed for user root

Is someone trying to login to my server as root?
No, that's a pretty common "extra verbose" log entry. Can you give more particulars about the "crashing" phenomenon?

If this is just "random crashing" while it's sitting there, offhand I'd suspect a hardware problem.