fc5: install everything?

K. Richard Pixley rich at noir.com
Thu Mar 30 22:24:50 UTC 2006

Tim wrote:
> If you really want to install everything, and it won't work, it's
> child's play:  CD into the RPMs folder, and do:  rpm -i *.rpm
>
> It will attempt to install all RPMs, there will be no difficulty for you
> to try this (no options to pick, no variations), and it will fail.
That's because it's missing that important feature that we're expecting
from a distribution - integration.

Seriously.  I'm expecting the fedora teams to sort out licensing.  I'm
expecting fedora teams to sort out configuration defaults.  I'm
expecting them to make reasonable decisions about which available
service in a choice of services will be the best choice, (sendmail vs
whatever else).

I didn't say I wanted a system that wasn't integrated.  I want the
integration that has been done so well on redhat and fedora releases for
years.  I just want it on fc5 too.

--rich