fc5: install everything?

K. Richard Pixley rich at noir.com
Thu Mar 30 22:39:10 UTC 2006

Claude Jones wrote:
> On Tue March 28 2006 15:29, Jim Cornette wrote:
>
>> The everything install is not really missing. The choice is a
>> few clicks away vs. one button to pull in all packages
>> available in core.
>>
> After kicking up a big fuss over this, I now pretty much agree
> with you. Any time lost by having to click through several extra
> menus is offset by the time saved by not having to deal with the
> issues that were created by the old "everything" button, after
> the installation.

I've never seen any problems from an "everything" installation of either
redhat or fedora.

I counted about 800 clicks to get a complete install by clicking on all
of the separate packages, (not counting the couple of reinstalls because
I missed one of two from manual error).

So I disagree.  This isn't a reasonable alternative.  A one click
install would have been vastly preferable from my perspective.

--rich