[solved] vmware 5, fc4, NR_IRQS

Mike Wright ebwximaurm at mailinator.com
Fri Mar 31 04:43:48 UTC 2006

Mike Wright wrote:
> Hi list users,
>
> Neither googling nor a visit to vmware's site provided an answer.
 >
 > vmware workstation 5.0 installed without complaint on fc4; however, an
 > attempt to run vmware-config.pl fails with errors at the stage where
 > it attempts to compile vmmon.ko.  The specific errors are:

<snip />

Apologies to all for the noise.

Did a clean fc4 install to a new logical volume.  Reinstalled vmware and
the any-any patches.  Came right up.

Have no idea what I may have introduced through regular usage that
caused the build errors, but it was not due to a corruption of the
kernel sources.!?#$%

Fedora Core 4 and VMware 5.0 with vmware-any-any-update99 does build and
install well.

Thanks to all who attempted to help me through my befuddlement.  ;o)

Mike Wright :m)