YUM D/L procedure?

Hey mates,

Just out of curiosity, but I was downloading the mplayer package, and a number of accompanying packages, and noticed that yum started downloading them in the order

mplayer-fonts-...       1.0 MB
mplayer-skins-...       12 MB
mplayer-1.0-1...         5.2 MB

So I was just wondering off the top of my head... what algorithm exactly does yum use to determine which packages to download from a set in what order? I mean, as far as I can see, they are not ordered by name nor size, nor by dependancy (downloading mplayer first then its fonts & skins)

Any ideas?

PS: I know... I know... just too much free time :)

--
A. Helmy