spac5xx driver

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Mar 31 05:52:45 UTC 2006

On Thursday 30 March 2006 16:14, Eric Tanguy wrote:
>Le mercredi 29 mars 2006 à 22:48 +0200, Eric Tanguy a écrit :
>> This driver compile fine with the new 2.6.16 kernel and the module
>> loads fine but when i try to watch the output of the webcam using
>> camstream i can see the images 1 or 2 seconds and the system reboot!
>> Someone experience the same thing ?
>> lsusb :
>> Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
>> Bus 002 Device 002: ID 04b8:011f Seiko Epson Corp. Perfection 1670
>> Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
>> Bus 001 Device 002: ID 041e:401c Creative Technology, Ltd WebCam NX
>> [PD1110]
>> Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
>>
>> this driver and this camera on the same system worked fine with fc4.
>> Eric
>
>No one use this driver ?
>Eric
A: You've miss-spelled the driver name, its spca5xx, and
B: my camera is such a piece of crap I haven't built and tested the
driver since about 2.6.12 or so.  IIRC it has an odd syntax requirement
but I won't try to frame the correct cli to use now.  And I don't
recall that it ever rebooted me, just hung in some dead state that
needed a reboot to get rid of it.

If you have problems, your best bet is to contact the author, he does
reply to his emails reasonably quickly, next day for me because of the
time differential.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: