FC5 ISA Soundcard not working any more

Rickey Moore wayward4now at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 31 17:06:51 UTC 2006

antonio montagnani <antonio.montagnani at gmail.com> wrote: 2006/3/31, Rickey Moore :

> > #alias snd-card-0 sb  <---- you don't have sbawe here

tnx for your answer.
1) have you tried to issue a modeprobe . Mine worked
immediately...
2) i have alias snd-card-0 snd-sbawe before install etc, etc, I have
put an arrow.Is it correct???

Oh no! I just put that arrow there to point out that sb should be sbawe.
I have started a thread about isapnp  (ISA plug & play) which doesn't seem to be working as it did in fc4. On boot isapnp should be picking up on any ISA device and auto-installing it without modprobing by hand. I'm not seeing that happen. Yes, I yum upgraded and am still recovering! Whew! There are a lot of rpms that didn't make the trip, but yum thinks they did. Thanks for your help ... I really like the old sbawe, it's one hellagood  quality playback device. Sounds better than a lot of the newer pci ones under $100 Ric

   ...the Sin of Ignorance, and
   ...the Sin of Stupidity.

Linux user# 44256
Sign up at: http://counter.li.org/