Re: How to start keychain?

On Friday 31 March 2006 18:42, T. Horsnell wrote:

> Anne, this may be a bit late in the day, but have you looked
> at the docs on the rsync homepage?
> http://www.samba.org/rsync/documentation.html
> There's an entry there:
>
> A nice tutorial on setting up ssh to avoid password prompts also covers
> how you can restrict the commands allowed and setup a cron job to run
> rsync.
>
> I've tried using the --password-file option in the past, but this
> never worked. I suspect its only valid if the remote host is running
> an rsyncd...

I think I've really got it this time - at least, it's run one iteration and
seems to be working.  The page referenced above is, like the ones I found
earlier, out of date.  It's talking about earlier versions that put different
files in different places.  For the record, I finally found one bearing the
Fedora Project name, dated Oct 2005, at
http://www.cri.ch/linux/docs/sk0019.html.  It seems I was almost right, but
not quite.  Hopefully this is now fixed.

Anne