fc5: install everything?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 18:08:39 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-31 at 10:00, Christofer C. Bell wrote:

> > Then for someone who's new to linux, you need to let them walk the path
> > themselves, they may choose their packages, then come back and say Fedora
> > sux, it doesn't have this and that, and turns out they chosed not to install
> > it to begin with, thus my suggestion, install everything if you are new to
> > Fedora/Linux, see find out for yourself
>
> I'd much rather someone thought Fedora sucked because of their own
> ignorance than because of ... well, installing Everything will lead to
> monsterous update processes, causing them to think Fedora sucks,
> again, due to their own ignorance.

How about if they think fedora sucks because the people who
probably spent a lot of time deciding for themselves what
should be on the CD's couldn't be bothered to make it
possible for someone to install all of the programs they
are likely to need in one step, or without understanding
the purpose of each program/package at a point when they
can't see it or it's man page.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com