FC5 install & Princeton Synergy LCD monitor "Out of Timing" problem

Folks,

Just did a new FC5 install on a brand new box (to be dual-booted with Windows XP).

Install went perfectly (I think), but on first real boot (and subsequent retries) I see start of boot on my Princeton Synergy LCD monitor, then suddenly I get:

"Out of Timing - V=65Hz - H=81Khx"

on a black screen and nothing else.

So I think the FC5 video set-up went wrong someplace, but I don't know how to fix this.

Any advice?  Thanks . . .

Bob St. John