FC5 - Intel 945GM not working

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon May 1 01:33:24 UTC 2006

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> Jim Cornette wrote:
>>
> All I can tell you is that I untared
> i915-20060403-linux.i386.tar.bz2 and ran the install script in it.
> It found the correct directory, and updated the files. As far as RPM
> is concerned, the /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/i810_drv.so file is
> owned by xorg-x11-drv-i810-1.4.1.3-3.1 and the
> /usr/lib/dri/i810_dri.so is owned by mesa-libGL-6.4.2-6. i810_drv.so
> was updated by the install script, and the i915_drv.so was added.
>
> Now, when xorg-x11-drv-i810 gets updated, it will overwrite my
> updated file. But I am hoping that the updated driver will included
> in that release. If not, I'll have to replace it again. (I really
> should build an RPM with the updates...)
>
> Mikkel

Thanks for the explanation, I did not realize the snapshots had scripts.
I moved the files in the appropriate directories and set file
permissions according to the replaced driver values when X was still
monolithic.

Using scripts sounds a bit easier.

Jim

--
The primary requisite for any new tax law is for it to exempt enough
voters to win the next election.