Yum configuration.

Mike Chalmers mikechalmers70 at gmail.com
Mon May 1 01:35:16 UTC 2006

On 4/30/06, Dan <grinnz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mike Chalmers wrote:
> >> yum-fedorafaq-4-2006.02.03.noarch
> >>
> >> It seems that FedoraFAQ's configuration is only for FC4 at the moment;
> >> and needs to be updated.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
> >> GnuPG Public Key ID: 0xFFC19479 / Fingerprint:
> >>    DD68 A414 56BD 6368 D957 9666 4268 CB7A FFC1 9479
> >>

> >> --
> >>

> > Is my yum configuration messed up? Thanks.
> >
> > From,
> > Mike
> >
> Well you're using a yum.conf for FC4 right now. I would revert your backup:
> mv -f yum.conf.bak yum.conf
> And install repositories in the recommended way; either manually create
> a .repo file in /etc/yum.repos.d (look at the other .repo files in there
> for syntax, it's pretty simple), or if the repository provides one,
> download the .repo file to that folder, or install the release RPM
> (which simply places .repo files you need). For example, livna's is at
> http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release5.rpm :
> [grinnz at bookdt43p ~]$ rpm -ql livna-release
> /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-livna
> /etc/yum.repos.d/livna-devel.repo
> /etc/yum.repos.d/livna-testing.repo
> /etc/yum.repos.d/livna.repo
> It provides the .repo files and the GPG key for the repository's signed
> packages, which will be imported automatically by yum the first time you
> use it.
> You can find this information on the repository's website; using the
> example of Livna, go to http://rpm.livna.org and click Configuration.
> HTH
> -Dan
>
> --

Hi,
These are the commands that I ran.
[root at dhcppc0 etc]# mv -f yum.conf.bak yum.conf
[root at dhcppc0 etc]# cd
[root at dhcppc0 ~]# rpm -ivh http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release-5.rpm
Retrieving http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release-5.rpm
        package livna-release-5-4 is already installed
[root at dhcppc0 ~]# rpm -ql livna-release
/etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-livna
/etc/yum.repos.d/livna-devel.repo
/etc/yum.repos.d/livna-testing.repo
/etc/yum.repos.d/livna.repo
Did that straighten it out? Or did that just straighten out the livna
configuration? I don''t understand this : "> And install repositories